Sunday 31 August 2008

Inside the Barn

It occurred to me that I have posted several pictures of the garden and outside at the Barn, but there's nothing to show our inside. (Inside pictures of the upstairs apartment are on www.bedbreakfastskye.co.uk ) .

So, here is a picture of our cosy lounge - and believe me, when we light the stove it gets VERY cosy!

And this is one end of the slightly cluttered study, with the mirror showing Sue at the computer. The display cabinet contains my Mum's collection of porcelain ornaments which we kept boxed in the loft all the time we lived in Newington. I bought the green chair (for £20) from an eBay seller in Carlisle, and collected it on my way back from Devon a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

Sara Sawers said...

Hi folks

Nice to see the inside of the barn. It all looks nice and clean and tidy - of course - and very cosy. Yesterday the weather man on the radio said, 'Today is the first day of autumn - see if you notice the difference'! Today is grey - again - and raining. I've been trying to do some outside painting but think it will take forever to find the right weather conditions to finish it.

Time to go and work for my living while you enjoy that beautiful scenery and, no doubt, more sun than we are going to see today.

TTFN

Richard Dorrell said...

We have to keep it tidy here - it's too small to have it in a mess!

The weather is actually variable now - occasional rain, but then there's compensation in the form of wonderful rainbows and exciting looking waterfalls!