Sunday 9 November 2008

New wheels

We came to a decision that at 7 years of age, and 153,000 miles on the clock (71,000 of them driven by me)  it was time for our trusty VW Transporter to move on.

Actually - although he never let me down on one of the many long distance trips from Kent to Skye and Devon, I did make the most of my Green Flag membership, calling them out on four separate occasions during the nearly four years that we have owned the van.

But we will have fond memories - especially when the final move here took place and I stuffed the poor thing to bulging... 

But, time moves on, and after a bit of research I tracked down a 'deal you shouldn't miss' on a less than 3 year-old Mercedes Vito with just 38,000 miles on it. Only snag was, I had to collect it from Burnley...

So, Basil and I had rather a long day out on Friday... But here it is, and we hope it will serve us as well as the trusty Transporter.

1 comment:

Worcestershire Turnip said...

Nice choice of van Richard. Mercedes have a reputation for longevity, almost as good as Volvo!