Friday 15 May 2009

Climbing mountains

I have never been one to follow the philosophy of trekking to the top of a mountain 'just because it's there', and have been happily content to keep my walking to lower levels - and coastal scenery around here is about as good as it gets....  

But recently, I have been drawn to seek out some of the remote hillsides - and sides lead to tops... and Wow! - the VIEWS....!

Loch Bracadale and the Cuillin from the summit of Beinn na Boineid. 

Roskhill Barn is in this picture - it's one of the little white dots on the left...! (...and Sue is planning to join me on some future climbs).

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can just imagine the title of the next entry...
View from the summit of Sgurr nan Gillean, the Black Cuillin, with the aid of a rope........!!!!

Looking forward to your next post Richard.....