Friday 7 August 2009

Rains a lot in the south, doesn't it?

I'm back on Skye. The sun is shining. It's a beautiful day.

I had a great week visiting friends and family 'down south'. With Sara and Rod, who live near Southampton, we went for a long walk along the River Hamble. It rained, most of the time, but that didn't dampen our enthusiasm for what turned out to be a lovely walk.


With Rod in Holly Hill woods


Me, on the ferry slipway at Warsash - note that the wet weather gear has been removed!

From Southampton, I went west to Devon, to stay with my sister Sue who lives near Okehampton on the edge of Dartmoor. Of course - we went for a hike..... in the rain....
Sue and John approaching Black Tor - that Dartmoor Drizzle can be seriously wet stuff!

Black Tor (in the rain...)

From Dartmoor, my next visit was a short journey to Torquay to see Val. The weather was so bad the first day that I couldn't take any photos because I couldn't see anything through the swirling mist and driving drizzle... However, by my last evening, things improved, and here is a shot I took as I fell backwards off my chair in Val's garden while the BBQ was sizzling...


No comments: