Monday 3 January 2011

No new photos from Sue yet...

In my last post, I suggested that there should be some new photos coming here imminently - this was because I knew that Father Christmas was dropping a new camera down the chimney for Sue.

The camera survive the fall OK, but Sue is yet to have the chance to get out in decent enough weather to take some photos - there's also new and different knobs and buttons to get used to.

So we'll just have to wait a little longer for Sue's next photo post.

Meanwhile - Sue sent me out for a walk... Perhaps she had noticed my gradually expanding waistline? I made it up a hill above Portree, where a waterfall is visible from the road, but access looked difficult. (It was...)

Here's a distant view of the falls over the hillside I was crossing. Look! A stile in the fence...!! That's really unusual to find. I'm glad there's never anyone around to see my wobbly attempts at teetering over the wire fences that seem to be placed in all manner of unnecessary places just to make life more difficult for walkers. And sometimes they are deer fences, which are six feet tall....!!!!


Looking back down the hill to Loch Portree. Low cloud is hiding the hill tops and mist envelops the island of Raasay, which lies out to sea beyond the mouth of the loch.


The falls from above. I've now found an easier route to get there, so will hopefully pop back in better weather in the spring when the moorland will be green instead of brown and wild flowers will be in bloom.

No comments: