Thursday 28 April 2011

Birthday Treat - Photos!

As mentioned in my last post, As a very special Birthday Treat, Sue bought me a voucher for a helicopter trip over Lochalsh and south Skye. I took the trip the other day, and have now edited some of the many photographs I took. I'm posting just a few of them here. I'm uploading them full resolution, so if you click on a photo, you should be able to zoom in for greater detail.

The trip started from Plockton airfield. This is the track of the flight as created by my GPS device.


 - and here we are, setting off from Plockton:


As you can see, it was rather cloudy, with the tops of the hills hidden, but the pilot kept quite low, and the views downwards were brilliant.  Here we are flying over Kyle of Lochalsh:


The pilot obligingly headed for Strollamus, so I could get a picture or two of Rowan Cottage. Rowan is next to the rather untidy looking boatyard, though on the ground, the yard is hidden from the cottage by a hedge!


We headed a little further north, then headed back over Loch Ainort. That's a little road running along the side of the loch. The islands of Scalpay and Raasay lie ahead.


We came back close to the coast of Broadford Bay. Below is the community of Breakish....


.... and soon were circling over Eilean Donan Castle.


We had a good view of Duncraig Castle too:


Then it was over the top of Plockton Harbour before returning to the airfield, which is just visible towards the top of this picture:


That was some Birthday Treat! Thanks Sue! I'll have to be 60 more often.


No comments: