Friday 10 June 2011

The allotment needs its own blog!

I took a couple of photos of the Roskhill allotment today, and then immediately realised that, if only for my own records, I should be photographically recording every significant event that takes place there. If I can find the time, I'll look into adding an allotment-specific page to this blog. If I can't find an easy way to do it, I might start a new blog. just detailing everything I do on the plot. It'll be useful for me, and just might be of interest so someone else out there too! Here's today's photos from Roskhill:


Can you believe that view...???


Incidentally - I also currently have use of another bit of land on a building plot in nearby Harlosh. There, the soil is wet and heavy boulder clay, and there are rabbits... Aargh!!!  But I am having fun trying to see if I can successfully grow any vegetables on the site. My first planting of sprouts were rapidly devoured by the bunnies, so sprout-protection is now in place... I think potatoes would do well there, but I was a bit too late this year to get any planted.

No comments: