Saturday 17 December 2011

Ready for Christmas?

Sue has been busy writing cards and wrapping presents for a couple of weeks now. Two days ago she spent much of the day baking, and so yesterday, the table was loaded down with home made breads, cakes and biscuits for our annual 'at home' afternoon, at which we welcome friends and neighbours to pop in for a glass or two of mulled wine.

On Monday, Sue sets off south by train to be with her family. I will follow in the van a few days later - I will spend Christmas with Sue's family in London, but then on Boxing Day, I will travel to Devon to see my sister and family, and will then stay a while at Val's in Torquay. Cupar gets to come with me - I hope he copes OK with all the travelling and changes to routines!

Regarding travelling, the weather isn't making things too easy for some parts of the UK, though we are not having too hard-a time here on Skye. I even got out to take a few photos the other day - so here is December sun shine on Loch Ainort -


And this is Glamaig. I wonder if anyone in that plane was looking down at Skye?

2 comments:

Jill said...

Safe travels and a happy Christmas to you both . . . er, the three of you! ;)

Richard Dorrell said...

Thank you Jill. Season's greetings to you also!