Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Season on Skye

It is definitely autumn now.  The moors have turned to gold, and mist swirls over the hilltops. We are enjoying some delightfully mild temperatures though, so getting out and about is no hardship. This is Glen Brittle, a couple of days ago...



It seems many Skye visitors are lingering to enjoy the autumn. We have never before seen so many visitors on the island so late in the year. The visitor season seemed slow to start - April was quiet - but there are certainly plenty of people still here in late October, and we have bookings at Loch View into the middle of November. That's definitely a 'first'.

Sue and I had made our plans to go south at what we thought would be the end of the season. So Sue is in Kent now (leaving me to the unexpected ironing mountains again). She sent me this photograph taken from the train on the way from Kyle of Lochalsh to Inverness. I think that is Eilean Lagach, with Plockton on the far shore....


We also have my sister, Sue and her husband John visiting Skye this week. They are staying at Loch View, but called here at the Barn the other day, just before Sue set off south. They have travelled this time in a 40 year-old Triumph GT6 which John has recently restored. So here is my Sue and me, with John and Sue's GT6 at The Barn...


No comments: