Sunday 9 November 2014

A November Walk to Coire Lagan

The weather was stunning this morning, and I didn't have anything urgent to do, so going for a walk seemed like a good idea. Now we are living at Loch View, we are very close to the popular start points for walks in the Cuillin, so I headed down to Glen Brittle and followed a trail up to Coire Lagan - somewhere I have never been before.

This would be a popular walk in summer, but today I had the place almost to myself. Mostly, the path is rocky, and reasonably easy walking. Only the final approach to the small loch in the Coire is a little more challenging - but definitely worth the effort.

Here's a few of my pictures from the day... Click on a picture to view them full size as a gallery.

On the way up - this burn seems to be un-named
The moor is in its winter colour now. In summer, the grass is vivid green
Nearly in the coire - the going gets a bit tough here
View from the top
The lochan in Coire Lagan - today, a perfect mirror
Spectacular reflections
I came back via a different path, past Eas Mòr - Skye's highest waterfall with an 80ft drop

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Richard. Those photos are stunning and really show off the beauty of Skye. How lucky you were to have such a beautiful day, with no tourists around, to enjoy the views. Wish I was there!

Richard Dorrell said...

Thanks Sara, It is good to see the sunshine after all the rain we've had just recently. There were a few people on the hill. I wouldn't want to go there in mid-summer - I'm sure there would be many more people about, which for me, would completely spoil the atmosphere.

Jill said...

Breathtakingly beautiful photos! I need to share these with my mum. Thanks for continuing to post throughout the seasons, Richard. Best wishes with the house-buying and the remodeling at the place where my sister and I stayed. Hoping all goes well and in a timely fashion.

Richard Dorrell said...

Thank you Jill.

Regarding the house-purchase and building works - I'll be posting updates in the blog as things happen.