Friday 24 April 2015

Jaguar XK8 - I get behind the wheel

I have failed to mention so far, that I have a dream to buy myself a toy - why else would we just have had a large garage added to the Barn...???

My toy will be a Jaguar XK8.

I have already become a member of the XK Enthusiasts Club, and through their forum have had passenger-seat rides in a couple of XKs. Today, a club member who is currently on a 3,000 mile round-Britain holiday in his beautiful 2002 XK8 Convertible has visited Skye, and generously allowed me a drive in his car...

Wow! I've owned and driven some very nice cars over the years, but this Jag was awesome!

Can't wait to have one in the new garage!

The car's owner, John, points to where he is, on a map of Skye.
John's home in Penryn, Cornwall
I get behind the wheel - look at that grin...!!!
The car I eventually buy will be a coupe, not a convertible

No comments: