Friday 21 August 2009

Website revised!

I have just completed the launch of our website for SkyeHolidays 2010 - www.skyeholidays.co.uk
It's rather a radical change from the previous website, and we are not quite sure that we like the new colour scheme. Please have a look. If you spot any errors, I'd be pleased if you would let me know. Constructive feedback also welcomed, but please be gentle - I'm only an amateur!

I think the biggest problem (aside from learning what all the words mean in Dreamweaver... I still don't know what a 'spry' is...) is getting ones newly created pages to display more or less the same in different browsers. The biggest problem I have had is that Internet Explorer version 7 displays pages completely differently to the new Internet Explorer version 8.... AAArgh! At least IE8 is closer to Firefox!

(For those who are not following this - sorry! My website analytics shows that around 78% of my site visitors use Internet Explorer - don't know which version - and around 17% use Firefox. Then there's Chrome and Safari and a few others.... sympathetic messages from website designers welcome)

No comments: