Friday 25 September 2009

Holiday high spots

Sue and I went for a little holiday to Perthshire last week.
She made me go for a few walks...

On The Cairnwell - our first Monroe, and probably not our last (though don't expect us to bag them all!!)

We went this way down - it's the steepest ski run at Glenshee Ski Centre. It was tricky without snow, and would be totally terrifying if slithering on skis!!!

It's that "I've made it" feeling - on the summit of Birnham Hill, Dunkeld.


The summit view...

This crag provides a wonderful viewpoint over Birnam and Dunkeld.

The descent from here was nearly 1000 feet in less than half a mile, which is at least as challenging as the two mile gentler climb to get here!

Another highlight of the holiday - only the second red squirrel I have ever seen in the wild - and I got a photo of this one!

1 comment:

Margie said...

What an incredible view.
I was in Scotland in 2007 and got to Pertshire on our travels.
Such a beautiful place.
I plan on going back to Scotland as loved it very much.