Tuesday 6 April 2010

An allotment!

New neighbours moved in to the bungalow up the road a few months ago. Their large garden area includes a 'detached' piece of land that at one time was cultivated as a productive allotment. The previous owners of the bungalow pottered on the land, but did not use it all, and the new people, Mike and Pat, have also said they would not be using all of the land - so it took very little negotiation for them to happily agree that I could make use of part of it. Here it is...


That's Roskhill House on the left, and the building with the satellite TV dish is us. Mike and Pat's bungalow (to which the allotment belongs) is just visible through the trees on the right. Mike has made a start at clearing the bed nearest the shed, and I have dug about a third of the bed nearest the camera (out of shot - my back was up against a windbreak hedge...!!!) We might end up sharing the middle bed, though as I get the feeling that Mike is not too keen to use the land at all, I might end up using all of it. I am sure Pat will be pleased to receive some of the vegetables that I plan to grow!

No comments: