Tuesday 11 January 2011

... BACK AT LAST - SUE HERE AGAIN WITH SOME RECENT SNOW PICS

Forgive my absence from this blog!  The last few photographs that I posted were autumnal views and since then we've had a LOT of snow.   I finally got my act together last week and hey presto, last Saturday morning there was new world outside - a white one - with every surface covered with a layer of either ice or snow particles!!  It was stunning....   These photographs below were taken during a brief walk around Roskhill with the new camera!   

Below is dead vegetation embalmed in the 'white stuff' - looking like very long frozen sausages!


Similarly trees and grasses alike were all caked in the snow ........


The sun was really bright and I just couldn't resist this view of sunlight piercing the morning mist!


Below is one of Roskhill's garden benches with a mound of dead, snow covered, montbretia vegetation with a view of the mountains beyond and a very wintry looking sky...... Brrrrrrr !


.... and finally, a view looking across Pool Roag towards Herebost with Healabhal Mhor looming out above the morning mist!  


What a beautiful world!


3 comments:

Richard Dorrell said...

Hi Sue - it's me, your husband here. I'm in the Study...

Love your pictures, and the words with them.

Post MORE!!

(Message to our readers - if you click on Sue's pictures, some browsers will try to display them bigger than they fit on your screen. I'll have to teach Sue how to get round that one...)

Jill said...

I will "second" your husband's request to post more, please! Your photo of the sunlight piercing the morning mist is particularly lovely!

Richard Dorrell said...

Hi Jill, thanks for your comment! I will indeed endeavour to get out there and use the camera more so .... watch this space! Sue :)