Tuesday 10 April 2012

Allotment news - planting potatoes

At last! The weather has been good enough to get some of my potatoes planted! I have the first earlies and second earlies in the ground, and if all goes well, will have the maincrop planted this week too.

Here they are... (if this was a video, you would see the ground vibrating as they all begin to grow..)


It is just great, working on the allotment in spring sunshine. Today, a particularly loud and liquid bird song caught my ear. I glanced up from my digging to catch a glimpse of the singing bird as it flew across the allotment. What was it? No less than a tiny wren. How can such a little bird produce such a powerful song? Wonderful!

Just for the record - here are the brassicas in their seed trays in the shed... (See last allotment post for more).

2 comments:

Jill said...

You've mentioned two good reasons why you should start taking video clips and uploading them here: the potatoes growing and the lovely wren song. What are you waiting for?

Richard Dorrell said...

You are right Jill, a video/audio clip of our birdsong here just now would be great. I'll have to work on my camera skills - but don't hold your breath - there's a dozen other things that always seem to take priority, especially when the sun is shining!