Tuesday 6 November 2012

SkyeHolidays on Facebook and Twitter

I've never been much good at Facebook. I have created a few accounts, and dabbled with posting stuff, but then I leave it a while, and my 'notifications' soon go quiet.

As for Twitter - I don't really get it... though I do have an account...

BUT, I am aware that FB and Tw are valuable free marketing tools for a business such as SkyeHolidays...So, if you are Facebooked or Twittered, please do try to find me. I'm variously called SkyeHolidays and HolidaySkye and even Richard Dorrell. I am currently trying to post something sensible at least once a day in each account.

And if anyone can point me to a really useful website which explains what these sites are all about...?? No, I guess that's a bit too much to hope for...

2 comments:

drgeo said...

You might wish to go slowly on Facebook page development. I'm noticing other folks complain that FB has instituted a new charge for "business pages" that will throttle down posts to only 15% of your friends unless you pay an outrageous new amount. Many small businesses say the new tax is too expensive. Below is a web site with more info.


http://dangerousminds.net/comments/facebook_i_want_my_friends_back?fb_action_ids=10151308352700039&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Richard Dorrell said...

Hi drgeo, Thanks for your concern, but I am pretty certain the link you have provided provides bogus information. However, I am putting my greatest energy into promotion through Google+ - believing that the more I interact with Google, the better our websites will perform on Google's search results!

But it is still good to play on FB and rediscover old friends and colleagues!