Wednesday 22 April 2015

Barn Works Latest - Tidying Up

There remain a number of little jobs still to be done, but the major work, both inside and out, is now complete.

Unless you have experienced it, you cannot imagine how much mess and dirt and dust can be created by building works. Everything you touch is covered in dust. Dust rises from your feet as you walk across the bare floors. There are still tools and lengths of timber and skirting lying on the floors all over the place. There are little piles of waste bits and pieces in every room. The painter has been busy again today, but as he has to sand-down his plasterwork patches, you can imagine the fine dust that that creates...!!

However, we have visitors staying here at Summer Cottage from the middle of next week, so over this weekend, no matter what state it is in, I have to move back into the Barn. Because of the cottage business, I have to keep a computer running - probably just a laptop at first - but I will be continuing with the Barn Works updates.

The pictures below were taken yesterday...

The shed has moved!
My little brown shed now stands up against the boundary fence
with our neighbours at Roskhill House.
(The Barn is on the left in this picture)
I think we ordered a bit too much of the stone chippings 
The garage door looks good, though was delivered without a handle...!!!
These are the kitchen units from upstairs,
which I relocated to the utility room at the weekend
Yes - I know there is a drawer front missing - I had to re-make the small unit
to fit round the boxed-in pipe behind it. I will fit a dummy drawer-front presently.

No comments: