Wednesday 5 August 2015

Barn Works Update - Kitchen Finished!

With Sue away visiting her Mum, I have at last had the chance to 'close down' our kitchen and tile the floor. Drying time for the tile cement was 48 hours, so I tried to be organised, and moved some of the food, plus the kettle and microwave, but still managed to forget several items. I solved this problem by crawling round on the worktops and reaching down into cupboards. Washing up was performed on my knees using a bowl in the bath - not an experience I am in a  rush to repeat.

So now, with the new tiles grouted and plinths fitted, I can declare the kitchen to be fully finished.

In the rest of the barn, there's still quite a bit of decorating to do, plus the hall floor to tile (which will have to be done in two stages, so we can get in and out...!!!) but I am slowly getting there!

The new kitchen at Roskhill Barn

No comments: