Thursday 3 December 2015

Another Stunning Sunset

I know I post quite a lot of sunset pictures in this blog, and my only excuse can be that we are blessed with a whole lot of stunning sunsets!

Tonight (or, more accurately, 'this afternoon' - as this was about 3.30pm...) I looked out of my study window here at the Barn, and was aware that some very fluffy clouds had arranged themselves very prettily over the sea beyond Idrigill Point, and the sun was setting behind more fluffy clouds over MacLeod's Tables... (click on any picture to enlarge it).

Late afternoon, Idrigill Point. 03.12.2015

Sunset over MacLeod's Tables from Roskhill Barn
Within no more than ten minutes, the whole amazing heavenly light show had re-organised itself to produce this...

Sunset from Roskhill Barn, 03.12.2015

But Cupar was in need of his late afternoon walk, so I had to stop gazing at the sky from home, and drive three miles to one of our favourite walkies spots on the shore of Loch Dunvegan. By the time I had done this, the sunset had put itself into top gear, and we had our walk bathed in eerie red light, which I am not able to capture with a camera. But the loch and sky looked like this...

Loch Dunvegan, Isle of Skye. 03.12.2015
Just awesome!



No comments: